Ants are eusocial insects of the family Formicidae and, along with the related families of wasps and bees, belong to the order Hymenoptera. They are a diverse group of more than 12,000 species. They live in colonies or nests and may have millions of individuals. Individuals are divided into sub-fertile, and more commonly sterile, females (“workers”, “soldiers”, and other castes), fertile males (“drones”), and fertile females (“queens”). There is a great diversity among ants and their behaviors. They range in size from 2 to about 25 mm (about 0.08 to 1 inch). Their color may vary; most are red or black, but other colors can also be seen, including some tropical groups with a metallic luster. Ants can eat up crops specially which contains sugar or starch. Ant bite can give you a severe pain with swelling. Ants like carpenter ant can damage your furniture.
Types of Ants:
- Argentine Ant – Linepithema humille
- Black House Ant – Ochetellus glaber
- White-footed House Ant – Technomyrmex albipes
- Coastal Brown Ant – Pheidole megacephala
- Carpenter Ant – Camponotus spp
Control & Prevention Tips
- Regularly mop the premise with disinfectants.
- Keep the kitchen slab clean.
- Keep all food article in air tight containers.
- Consult Runway Pest Control solutions for routine check up and eradication of ants.
PESTS DON’T STAND A CHANCE… WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY
Request a free inspection. We will visit with our team shortly!